Our services are OFFERED FREE of charge and include:
- Permanent offices in the Laurentians to serve the film industry
- Script breakdowns and location proposals
- Quick and efficient access to the Laurentians digital photo library
- Coordination of visits to identified shooting locations
- Liaison with municipal and government authorities, merchants, citizens and the media
- Access to a pool of material, technical and human resources throughout the Laurentians
Established in 1997 to encourage Quebec, Canadian and foreign film producers to shoot their exterior scenes in the Laurentians' s MRC d'Argenteuil regional county municipality, the BCTAL soon evolved into an incontrovertible point of reference for the domestic and international film industry.
In 2000, based on the BCTAL's success in its first years of operation, the various levels of government, regional organizations and some fifteen private sector partners officially recognized the value of the Commission's work and gave it the mandate to promote the entire Laurentians to producers of films, television programs and commercials and co-ordinate all shoots in the region. The BCTAL film commission was legally incorporated on September 25, 2000.
In concrete terms, the BCTAL has made a substantial contribution to the development of the Laurentians. Since 1997, the Laurentians film commission has a proven track record. More than 300 shootings having generated over80 millions of dollars in economic spin-offs, a digital photo library and numerous strategic alliances forged during trade missions.